samba4 kerberos process suddenly dies

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Dec 12 01:58:08 MST 2011

On Thu, 2011-12-08 at 10:55 +0100, Andreas Oster wrote:
> Hello Andrew,
>
> did you get a response from the Heimdal team regarding our issue
> with the Kerberos process suddenly failing ?

The patch I gave you has been incorporated into Heimdal, and will be
included in Samba soon.

> Do you need any additional debug logs ?
>
> Is there anybody out there with the same issue ?

One issue appears to be due to decoding a PAC created with the AES keys
that only domains in functional level 2008 and above generate.  I'll
work with the Heimdal team to sort the rest out.

There is also another issue, related to DNS timeouts.  Samba4 currently
does not react well to those, so ensure that DNS is always working (yes,
we are well aware of the issue and the challenge in fixing the event
handling and timeout handling).