samba4 provision script fails

Amitay Isaacs amitay at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 23:30:18 MST 2011

Hi Josef,

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 7:33 AM, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-12-09 at 00:37 +0100, Josef wrote:
> > Hello,
> >      I have compiled samba4 from GIT on my Debian squeeze. The provision
> > script fails, if the domain name contains -. It's probably a bug as it
> > cannot find filename with -.
>
> Amitay and I looked into this issue with the new DNS code yesterday, and
> he will change how the ldb files are located to use the data recorded by
> the partitions module, and use tdbbackup to copy the files.
>
> The issue here is that it should not be assumed that the backend
> database has that exact filename - if the name includes any special
> characters, then the name is base 64 encoded for safety.  The correct
> name is recorded in the @PARTITIONS record.

I have modified DNS provisioning code to use @PARTITION record for
partition file names,
rather than guessing the names. This should fix the issue with domain names
having
special characters.

If you would like to test the changes, the patches are available in dns-wip
branch of my git tree
git://git.samba.org/amitay/samba.

Amitay.