Samba Squeeze Debian package

Peter Diks peterdiks at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 09:13:00 MST 2011

Hello Sirs,

As we use the standard samba package via apt-get within Squeeze to install
a samba-ldap as PDC ( version 3.5.6 ) we have noticed that cmd
*echo -ne Userpassword\\nUserpassword\\n" | smbldap-passwd username*
has to run twice for the user to be able to login on the domain.
The first time we run the command and configure the user as Zarafa-user,
Zarafa works fine but user cannot login to the samba-domain.
We set Shadowmax to 10000 ( default 99 ) and run the command the second
time set sambaLMpassword to NULL and then the user can login. We use a
samba-domain ( no microsoft DC present ) with XP - clients on which in
gpedit.msc we enable NOT to look at roaming profiles.
We suspect that the first time the command is run, it is not written
completely.
Is this a known fact? Has anyone any experience with this. If so, is 3.6.1
the answer to this problem?

--
Kind Regards,
Peter Diks