util.h

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sat Dec 3 06:24:07 MST 2011

Hello Jelmer,

On 03/12/2011 04:57, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> In September, you renamed util.h to samba_util because the former
> clashes with util.h on Mac OS X
> (d40fe50a6755ab701f2fe8a434f1d3331769a4c0).
>
> Do you remember what the background of this was? We're installing into
> ${prefix}/include/samba-4.0 or /usr/local/samba/include AFAIK so we
> shouldn't be overwriting system headers anyway. In which way did they
> clash?
>
> I'm asking because I'd prefer to change the name back before we do
> another release - the current name is an API break, and makes
> OpenChange fail to build against current versions of Samba.
I had this bug also on my mac mini, if I recall correctly the problem is
that the search path for includes (-I foobar) has first the public dirs
path and then the samba path.

I think this patch
http://git.samba.org/?p=mat/samba.git;a=commit;h=177c8327447c3c727c036375b9c683d7bad01677
could interest you.