util.h

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Fri Dec 2 20:57:01 MST 2011

Hi Andrew,

In September, you renamed util.h to samba_util because the former
clashes with util.h on Mac OS X (d40fe50a6755ab701f2fe8a434f1d3331769a4c0).

Do you remember what the background of this was? We're installing into
${prefix}/include/samba-4.0 or /usr/local/samba/include AFAIK so we
shouldn't be overwriting system headers anyway. In which way did they clash?

I'm asking because I'd prefer to change the name back before we do
another release - the current name is an API break, and makes OpenChange
fail to build against current versions of Samba.

Cheers,

Jelme