Fw: samba-tool command structure

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Aug 31 15:40:31 MDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-08-31 at 10:43 -0500, Dave Craft wrote:
> testparm is certainly an old name and concept in samba but as a standalone
> program.   The same can be said for a number of other commands
> but perhaps we want to be nuanced about testparm and not categorize
> it?   I'm not
> sure completely why testparm would get special treatment.
>
> Having said that....I dislike diag also.

That's why I would rather not create 'diag' until we have something that
we actually like.

Each time we move things, all the scripts, tests and associated
documentation has to be updated.  I would rather do that once, not
multiple times.

To be clear:  I object to the creation of a 'diag' subcommand.