Issues with upcase table and lowcase table From codepages

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Mon Aug 22 17:16:09 MDT 2011

Hi Hames,

 > Did the exact opposite for the lower case table too.
 >
 > Do you agree that this is a valid test?

no, case conversion is not symmetric. It is one of the things that
surprised me when I looked at this a few years ago.

For English it is symmetric, but for some other languages it isn't
(eg. greek).

We derived the table from the bahviour of windows servers. If you
think there is a problem, please write a test program that
demonstrates the problem on Windows.

Cheers, Tridge