git ref fd06cf379ded801adf830499c24875a7c60280be in master - should be in 3.6.1 ?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Aug 18 18:02:19 MDT 2011

Hi Bjorn,

This fix :

commit fd06cf379ded801adf830499c24875a7c60280be
Author: Björn Jacke <bj at sernet.de>
Date:   Thu Aug 4 16:42:37 2011 +0200

    s3/ldap: delay the ldap search alarm termination a bit

    do the alarm termination of the the ldap search a bit delayed so the LDAP
    server has a chance to tell us that the time limit was reached and the
    search was abandoned. If the search is terminated this way we also get
    the correct LDAP return code in the logs. If alarm() stops the search the ldap
    search routine will report that the LDAP server is down which would trigger us
    to rebind to the server needlessly which we also want to avoid.

looks like it should be something we have in 3.6.1. If you agree
can you create a bug so we can get it back ported ?

Thanks,

Jeremy.