Samba 4.0 alpha 17 this week?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Aug 14 04:32:06 MDT 2011

I would like to release Samba 4.0 alpha 17 this week, if possible.  We
have had some pretty important changes in the tree since the last alpha:

Some particular user-visible fixes include

 - fixing the standard process modal
 - introducing 'samba-tool dbcheck'
 - supporting renaming a DC into a different site
 - an improved handling of ./configure options
 - the start of an upgrade process for Samba3 DCs.

As such, I think it's time our users were able to benefit from these
changes.

I'll of course seek to ensure that OpenChange builds correctly with this
release, but if you have any other concerns about the current tree, can
you please remind me of them, so I can handle them over the next few
days.

Thanks,