fedora tevent problem

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Sun Aug 14 03:34:51 MDT 2011

On Thursday 11 August 2011 12:18:59 Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> On 08/11/2011 12:10 PM, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> > Am 11.08.2011 11:54, schrieb Jelmer Vernooij:
> >> Hi Tridge, Simo,
> >>
> >> Sorry for not advertising this change more broadly, I didn't realize
> >> you
> >> had packages that included the brokenness.

> >> s/forever/until we bump the API version (libtevent-1.X)/

> >> Yeah, that would break the Debian packages. The Debian build tools
> >> were
> >> what alerted me to the problem in the first place, as they didn't
> >> allow
> >> me to build with removed symbols.
> >
> > Can someone explain the problem to me?
>
> We were generating invalid vscript files, where we implied that tevent
> 0.9.10 was older than 0.9.9 because of the way we did sorting:
>
> TEVENT_0.9.10 {
>    global:
>     tevent_set_debug;
> };
>
> TEVENT_0.9.9 {
> } TEVENT_0.9.10
>
> This meant that tevent 0.9.10 broke all existing things compiled against
> 0.9.9.

Hi,

do you know the ABI Complicance Checker?

You can also request to get your library checked by them:

http://linuxtesting.org/upstream-tracker/

or run it on your own:

http://ispras.linux-foundation.org/index.php/ABI_compliance_checker

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: F33E3FC6
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org
www.samba.org