ldbdel error

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sat Aug 13 15:51:01 MDT 2011

On 13/08/2011 22:56, Bob Miller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Not sure if this belongs here or on the main mailing list.  I apologize
> if it should be on the other.
>
> I used oLschema2ldif to (mostly) convert a schema and imported it into
> ldb under CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=computerisms,DC=ca.  A few of
> the entries failed to go in, so in experimenting I added a dn with an
> incomplete list of attributes, figuring I would delete it and add again
> till I have it right or find why it isn't working.
>
> When I try to delete the entry using ldbdel it gives an error:
>
> ./ldbdel -H ldap://localhost --realm=computerisms.ca
> -Uadministrator at computerisms.ca
> CN=qmailUser,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=computerisms,DC=ca
>
> delete of
> 'CN=qmailUser,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=computerisms,DC=ca' failed -
> (Unwilling to perform) LDAP error 53 LDAP_UNWILLING_TO_PERFORM -
> <00002035: Unwilling to perform - No Deleted Objects container for DN
> CN=qmailUser,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=computerisms,DC=ca>  <>
There is no deleted object container in the Schema partition, I'm not
sure that in Microsoft implementation you can delete wrong schema
objects. You can just mark them as deprecated.

> I tried using ldbmodify and an ldif file to delete the entry, too, but
> got the same error.
>
> I found a few pages that indicate the error means I am trying to do
> something that is forbidden, whether it be because of credentials,
> connection restrictions, or a violation against the attribute or server
> structure.
>
> I have been searching on this for a while, but found nothing yet
> indicating a way forward.  it seems my ldb is populated with entries I
> cannot get rid of.  Given that I have correct credentials and there
> should be no restrictions on a connection from localhost, I must be
> doing something else that ldb doesn't like.  any clues how I might
> proceed?

Well mark them deprecated with isDefunct, although I'm not sure how well
we handle this ...

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou