What version of CTDB is needed to build Samba 3.6 Master?

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Fri Aug 12 09:15:59 MDT 2011

Richard Sharpe wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 8:05 AM, Michael Adam <obnox at samba.org> wrote:
> >
> > 1.0.114.2 should be sufficient.
> > It _does_ contain the SCHEDULE_FOR_DELETION control.
> >
> > It might be different from a 1.0.114-2 where -2 is the
> > RPM release number, while the 1.0.114.2 is a new
> > stream of versions branched off of 1.0.114.
>
> OK, I did use 1.0.114-2, not 1.0.114.2.
>
> > This version is available from git://git.samba.org/ctdb.git
> > in the branch 1.0.114, tag ctdb-1.0.114.2.
> > (and 1.0.114.3 already exists).
>
> Let me check those out and add them to our builds and see if that
> helps out. At the moment my rpmbuild is failing when trying to deal
> with man pages, so I am figuring out what the issue is there.
>
> If there is still an issue with this problem after I have checked out
> ctdb-1.0.114.2 (or even .3) I will let you know and see if I can
> figure out what the problem is with configure.

Yep. Apart from that, if you use --enable-old-ctdb and compile
against a ctdb that has not SCHEDULE_FOR_DELETION command,
that samba/ctdb combo should still be running fine together,
the only difference being that samba would not send the schedule
for deletion to ctdbd in the ctdb_delete_record operation, and
hence not take full advantage of the improved fast-path
vacuuming. Other compile problems should not be related and no
other runtime impact should be created.

You can of course also build against a 1.2 based version of
ctdb. These have the SCHEDULE_FOR_DELETION starting with 1.2.25.

Cheers - Michael