Samba 4 Trust relationship with Windows 2008 Active Directory

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Aug 10 16:20:03 MDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-08-10 at 18:21 +0530, SATHYA - IT wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am trying to setup Samba 4 AD in our environment. I want to create the
> trust relationship with samba 4 AD and windows 2008 AD which is already
> running in our environment. While creating the trust it failed with the
> following error "The target system doesn't support Netlogon trust password
> verification". Can you please help out on sorting the issue.

Sadly Samba4 simply does not support trusted domains.  We would like to
work on it soon, we have nominated it as an area to focus on at our
annual interop plugfest with Microsoft in late September, but sadly
there is nothing more than some skeleton support for a few of the RPCs
at the moment.  That's why it appears to half-work.

Sorry,