[MAC Lion] smbclient "Open AndX Request->STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED"

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Tue Aug 2 13:00:36 MDT 2011

George K Colley wrote:
:
>> [MS-CIFS] only considers Windows 98SE clients, and not servers.  The
>> question I want to check is whether W98SE sends NTCreate&X or Open&X.
> I believe the Client supports the NTCreate&X but not the server.

So you are aware,

The [MS-CIFS] specification covers the Windows98SE and WindowsME clients,
but *NOT* server side of those systems.  It covers the Windows NT 3.51
server, and NT 4.0 as both client and server.  See the [MS-CIFS]
introduction (section 1).

I'll test W98SE in both client and server mode when I get a chance (some
time before next week I hope).

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org