autobuild: intermittent test failure detected

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Fri Apr 29 14:46:29 MDT 2011

Am 29.04.2011 21:57, schrieb Jelmer Vernooij:
> On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 21:29 +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
>> Hi Tridge,
>>
>>>    http://git.samba.org/autobuild.flakey/2011-04-28-0842/samba4.stderr
>>>    http://git.samba.org/autobuild.flakey/2011-04-28-0842/samba4.stdout
>>
>> Any idea why
>>
>> UNEXPECTED(error): samba4.nbt.winsreplication.owned
>>
>> is an error know instead of a failure, which would be ignored,
>> because it's marked in knownfail?
>>
>> To me it seems that the knownfail feature doesn't work anymore.
> knownfail only works for failures (i.e. we check for a particular error
> but a different one was returned), not for errors (e.g. segfaults).
>
> This is intentional; an error is often a sign of a broken testsuite.

I know, but that test used to generate a failure and not an error before.

So something seemed to be changed, because it started to be flakey again
arround
commit 1c5cc4a2d1449296a96e8a137dc177191df00c8d.

I'll change _NBT_ASSERT() and _NBT_ASSERT_STRING() to use the
torture_assert macros,
so that's a failure again, but we need to bisect why it is failing there
now,
while it didn't fail before with an error.

metze