samba4 fails to rename some links upon object rename

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Sun Apr 24 12:25:24 MDT 2011

Am 24.04.2011 13:27, schrieb Matthieu Patou:
> On 24/04/2011 01:26, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
>> Am 23.04.2011 21:55, schrieb Matthieu Patou:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I renamed a DC its RID Set as been renamed too but the rid reference in
>>> the DC object is not updated:
>>>

>>> ldbsearch -H pbhesam/private/sam.ldb --cross-ncs dn  | grep "RID Set"
>>> dn: CN=RID Set,CN=mydc,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=itsdc,DC=matws,DC=net
>>>

>>>   ldbsearch -H pbhesam/private/sam.ldb '(name=mydc)' rIDSetReferences
>>> # record 1
>>> dn: CN=mydc,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=itsdc,DC=matws,DC=net
>>> rIDSetReferences: CN=RID Set,CN=ITSDC,OU=Domain
>>> Controllers,DC=itsdc,DC=matws,
>>>   DC=net
>>>
>> It's a known bug.
>>
>> The same happens for every non-linked DN attribute, e.g. fromServer.
>>
> Do we know the exact list of such kind of attributes ?

Each attribute with DN, DN+String or DN+Binary syntax that doesn't have
a linkID attribute.

> Do you know how it's handle in Windows server?

Just like linked attributes.

> is the solution to create backlink that don't really exists ?

I guess so. My idea was to use '@rIDSetReferences' as hidden backlink
attribute for 'rIDSetReferences'.

Maybe we can just add this in the schema loading code and handle them
exactly like real linked attributes.

metze