Fixing samba build on Snow Leopard

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Fri Apr 15 15:45:55 MDT 2011

Hello Tridge,
Can you have a look on this 3 patches:

1619b50 waf: introduce reverse logic for allowing unknown symbols
177c832 waf-build: Separate the notion of public dirs for extras includes
940cac5 s4-heimdal: remove replace dependency

They are at
http://git.samba.org/?p=mat/samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/buildfixes

We need this patches to address 2 pb while building samba4 on OSX 10.6
(snow leopard):

1) rkpty needs openpty function that is declared in /usr/include/util.h
on mac (it's in /usr/include/pty.h on Linux), the #include in the
lib/roken/rkpty.c is correct but our include search path is not as we
add -Idefault/include/public -I../include/public and in this folder we
have a completely unrelated util.h header that get included (but didn't
provide the function). After talking with jelmer it seems that I
understood that we should not add our public header in the search path
when building heimdal, that's what the patch 177c832 do, it split the
EXTRA_INCLUDE to put the public header folder apart so that we can have
the option to add or remove them
2) we have unresolved symbols when linking libutil-samba-common, this is
due to the fact that -Wl,-no-undefined do not work on OSX 10.6 so I made
1619b50 to have a linker option to add to tell him to not exit with an
error if there is unknown symbols (just the opposite ok the
-no-undefined linker flag).

On my computer it works pretty well now.
The last one is a cosmetic one: I removed a dependency that is not needed.

George: can you try to build on your mac with my Tree and let me know !

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team        http://samba.org