s3 - s4 conversion

Lukasz Zalewski lukas at eecs.qmul.ac.uk
Thu Apr 14 09:52:01 MDT 2011

On 13/04/11 21:22, Lukasz Zalewski wrote:

>> I believe if I import the Computers first then the users I get the
>> proper results.. I believe the Groups are my issue
>>

> When i add new user accounts and need to assign them to an existing
> group i have to do it in a two stage process:
> First ldbadd (with magic oids)
> followed by a standard ldbmodify where the ldif contains
> dn: CN=existinggroup,OU=Domain Groups,DC=....
> changetype: modify
> add: member
> member: CN=newmember,OU=Domain Users,DC=...
>
> Tomorrow I will try to create and add new group (with members) and let
> you know the results
>
> Best
>
> Luk

H Aaron,
I have just successfully added a new group with members already present
in s4. So probably users/computers first.

For group memberships ldbadd will not work, instead use
/usr/local/samba/bin/ldbmodify -H '/usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb'
mygroups.ldif

I have noticed that you use default export OU's, i.e OU=Imported
[Users|Computers|Groups], you can define your own, maybe more sensible
ones by using
--output_users_ou , --output_computers_ou and --output_groups_ou
flags, for example:
--output_users_ou 'OU=Domain Users'
--output_computers_ou 'OU=Domain Computers'
--output_groups_ou 'OU=Domain Groups'

Luk