s3 waf build status?

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Thu Apr 14 01:59:37 MDT 2011

On Thursday 14 April 2011 08:54:01 Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Günther,

Hi Andrew,

> How close are we to having the s3 waf build complete?
>
> The reason I ask is that for NAS and other embedded vendors, this
> installed size difference would seem to be a really big advantage:
>
> waf: 57MB
> autoconf: 127MB
>
> Even if it isn't complete for the s3 release (ie, fails on some
> non-linux platforms), do you think we could allow vendors to enable it
> if their platform is Linux?

There are still some problems like --with-logfilebase and --with-piddir aren't
working. So someone who understands this strange dynconfig code needs to fix
it. I wonder why we don't generate a simple header file with all the path set
instead of automagically transforming it to the compiler command line ...

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: F33E3FC6
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org
www.samba.org