Issue with Samba 3.5.8

Israel Shikler softkol at netvision.net.il
Thu Apr 7 02:57:08 MDT 2011

Hi there, we need urgent help on the following if possible pls.

We are using Samba version 3.5.8  on Linux RH as a print server.
I have set up a new printer in SAMBA called HP4050.

Using the following command I set the driver for this printer:

rpcclient -c 'setdriver HP4050 "HP LaserJet 4050 Series PS"' localhost -U
user

I was able to see the model with the following command:

rpcclient -c 'getdata HP4050 Model' localhost -U user

I later changed the driver via the Printer Properties GUI on my  Windows
client.(windows/xp)

When I tried again the rpcclient getdata command, I got the following
message: "result was WERR_BADFILE".

Many Thanks in advance,

.

     Israel Shikler