upgrade script

Aaron E. ssureshot at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 14:16:59 MDT 2011

I thank you very much Sir, let me take a look at this and see if I can't
get it to do something, tips are appreciated with no documentation they
are golden...

I am receiving the following trying to use the script whether I specify
an ldif file or not..

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./myldap-pub.py", line 1934, in <module>
     ldap_cmd.run()
   File "./myldap-pub.py", line 1846, in run
     myldap = MyLDAPRemote(options.ldap_uri, options.ldap_binddn,
binddn_passwd, options.ldap_starttls)
   File "./myldap-pub.py", line 1745, in __init__
     self.ldap = ldap.initialize(uri)
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/ldap/functions.py", line 85,
in initialize
     return LDAPObject(uri,trace_level,trace_file,trace_stack_limit)
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line
69, in __init__
     self._l = ldap.functions._ldap_function_call(_ldap.initialize,uri)
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/ldap/functions.py", line 57,
in _ldap_function_call
     result = func(*args,**kwargs)
TypeError: must be string, not None