Bug in DC replication

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Mon Apr 4 02:30:00 MDT 2011

On 04/04/2011 01:33, Kamen Mazdrashki wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 22:02, Matthieu Patou<mat at samba.org>  wrote:
>> Hello Tridge and Metze and all the drs experts
>>
>> It seems that I have a bug in a test domain, when I modify 1 attribute, all
>> the attributes of the object (the replicated ones) have their replication
>> metadata updated it seems to be quite reproducible.
>>
> Could you please check what is Windows behavior?
> And also ->  what we are sending on wire for altered object.
> If we send all attributes for the altered object, that could explain
> the behavior
> you observe.

Well I thought it was a bit obvious in the replmetadata as some
attributes modified in January have the same local usn as the one that
were just modified.

Nevertheless I made one more trace and got this:
                     first_object             : *
                         first_object: struct
drsuapi_DsReplicaObjectListItemEx
                             next_object              : NULL
                             object: struct drsuapi_DsReplicaObject
                                 identifier               : *
                                     identifier: struct
drsuapi_DsReplicaObjectIdentifier
                                         __ndr_size               :
0x0000009e (158)
                                         __ndr_size_sid           :
0x0000001c (28)
                                         guid                     :
d51ca69e-7fe4-4c8f-be5f-7894f0b3e7fe
                                         sid                      :
S-1-5-21-3703587430-1938407332-1581145627-3573
                                         __ndr_size_dn            :
0x00000032 (50)
                                         dn                       :
'CN=test2,OU=test,DC=w2k8r2,DC=home,DC=matws,DC=net'
                                 flags                    : 0x00000001 (1)
                                        1:
DRSUAPI_DS_REPLICA_OBJECT_FROM_MASTER
                                        0: DRSUAPI_DS_REPLICA_OBJECT_DYNAMIC
                                        0:
DRSUAPI_DS_REPLICA_OBJECT_REMOTE_MODIFY
                                 attribute_ctr: struct
drsuapi_DsReplicaAttributeCtr
                                     num_attributes           :
0x00000002 (2)
                                     attributes               : *
                                         attributes: ARRAY(2)
                                             attributes: struct
drsuapi_DsReplicaAttribute

attid                    : DRSUAPI_ATTID_description (0xD)
                                                 value_ctr: struct
drsuapi_DsAttributeValueCtr

num_values               : 0x00000001 (1)

values                   : *
                                                         values: ARRAY(1)
                                                             values:
struct drsuapi_DsAttributeValue

string                   : 'test'
                                             attributes: struct
drsuapi_DsReplicaAttribute

attid                    : DRSUAPI_ATTID_instanceType (0x20001)
                                                 value_ctr: struct
drsuapi_DsAttributeValueCtr

num_values               : 0x00000001 (1)

values                   : *
                                                         values: ARRAY(1)
                                                             values:
struct drsuapi_DsAttributeValue

__ndr_size               : 0x00000004 (4)

blob                     : *

blob                     : DATA_BLOB length=4

Here we just change instance type and description and one more time I
have the following replpropertymetadata.

Any clues ?

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team        http://samba.org