upgrade question ACL's

Aaron E. ssureshot at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 10:58:44 MDT 2011

Currently running production on a samba3 pdc and want to upgrade to
samba4 PDC. I have 4 Current servers two running core services and two
being backup to those in case of failure.

I was thinking on ways to accomplish this and wanted to see if this
would in anyway shape or form work.

The Primary PDC also acts as a file server with ACL lists.

If I were to pull one of my backup servers and connect it to the samba4
domain and I created the user names exactly as they were on the old
domain then copied all my data with the ACLs intact, how would the ACL's
react on the new Domain?