Samba refusing connection after machine account password change

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Apr 1 01:19:44 MDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 15:54 +0100, Benjamin Donnachie wrote:
> On 24 March 2011 16:52, Dave Daugherty <dave.daugherty at centrify.com> wrote:
> > We too are currently investigating perhaps the same issue.
>
> While I was away from the office, we had a similar issue with user
> accounts; users are receiving messages that there user name and
> passwords are invalid even after resetting their details.
>
> These accounts work fine if accessed through a newly introduced
> Win2003R2 AD server and new accounts work fine.

It sounds to me like your two servers are not replicating.  This is
quite a different issue to what is being discussed in this thread.

> This is with Samba v4-alpha13.  Unfortunately, there is nothing
> obvious in the logs and I do not have time to devote to bug chasing at
> the moment; is there a tidy way to demote a samba DC?

Turn it off, and use the AD tools to remove it as 'permanently offline'.  Don't turn it on until you have wiped to local private directory.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.