samldb and associated patches

Kamen Mazdrashki kamenim at samba.org
Thu Sep 30 15:48:34 MDT 2010

Hi Matthias,

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 21:39, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer <mdw at samba.org>wrote:

> Hi Kamen,
>
> Kamen Mazdrashki wrote:
>
>> Hey Matthias,
>>

>> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 09:53, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer <mdw at samba.org<mailto:
>> mdw at samba.org>> wrote:
>>
>>    So, Kamen & Andrew, if you like my work I hope that it will be
>>    merged soon.
>>
>> IMHO, it is ok to be pushed. I would suggest though for you to wait until
>> the
>> end of the week - so that guys at plugfest to get the chance to test only
>> what related patches. What do you think?
>>
> Okay, I can wait until what you say me: Saturday, Sunday?

Sorry, it seems I've expressed myself in a wrong way - I can say you
nothing of course :)
It is just me that I don't want to push anything while Samba guys are
testing
at Microsoft plugfest - I just don't want them to waste their time testing a
bug
that I may happen to introduce eventually :)

> Thanks a lot for your patience Matthias - I am not a fast reviewer, sorry
>> for that!
>>
>> Oh, I have a patch for your problem with timeouts in FSMO test:
>>
>> http://git.samba.org/?p=kamenim/samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=10b472fc739854dcc85c9d3dfc81ca4455ef0759
>> Current timeout is about 20 secs and it should be quite enough, even for
>> busy/slow machines.
>>
> Very appreciated, thanks.
>
> This will be the final version of the patch:
http://git.samba.org/?p=kamenim/samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=48a01b5fd0f2ffd5ef7fe9dba7bc600738a11d45
(I've refactored it a little bit so it doesn't look like been implemented by
a rookie in Python) :)

--
CU,
Kamen