samldb and associated patches

Kamen Mazdrashki kamenim at samba.org
Thu Sep 30 06:04:33 MDT 2010

Hey Matthias,

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 09:53, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer <mdw at samba.org>wrote:

> Hi Kamen & Andrew,
>
> Kamen Mazdrashki wrote:
>
>> I think it looks good now.
>> I am only little bit concerned about changes in made in
>> source4/dsdb/kcc/kcc_deleted.c <
>> http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=mdw/samba.git;a=blob;f=source4/dsdb/kcc/kcc_deleted.c;h=1726fa4f318a2f18893c6866ef05274bec7533af;hb=8525a44fabcb118ccd5a527e9b9eadb045894df7
>> >:
>>

>> http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=mdw/samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=8525a44fabcb118ccd5a527e9b9eadb045894df7#patch2
>> But kcc_deleted is just a basic implementation anyway.
>>
> well I really wanted to make it to see all deleted objects.

yep, you are right. What I meant is that kcc_deleted() is going to apply now
the same logic
for all states of the object, and there may be a difference between
Tombstone-lifetime
and DeletedObject-Lifetime values. Anyway, your fix will allow us to have
the chance
for clean all kind of isDeleted objects, thanks :)

>  Regarding "nTDSConnection" object -> kcc service creates them also. You
>> may want to
>> peek kcc implementation how it is done.
>> I think that "Active Directory Sites and Services Manager" is also able to
>> create
>> Connection objects, but I am not sure how it does this.
>>
> No, I speak from the "nTDSDSA" objects (NTDS Settings). The other ones you
> can create with any trouble, but you need the server and nTDSDSA object
> already there.

I think this may be achieved with DsAddEntry() drs call?

> But I think my tests should now be enough to test all interesting
> scenarios.

I still don't see a test for a subtree of objects with mixed systemFlags :)
Anyway, I may implement such a test when I start implementing a test
for DsAddEntry() (I think we still don't have a sane test for this entry
point)

> So, Kamen & Andrew, if you like my work I hope that it will be merged soon.

IMHO, it is ok to be pushed. I would suggest though for you to wait until
the
end of the week - so that guys at plugfest to get the chance to test only
what related patches. What do you think?

Thanks a lot for your patience Matthias - I am not a fast reviewer, sorry
for that!

Oh, I have a patch for your problem with timeouts in FSMO test:
http://git.samba.org/?p=kamenim/samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=10b472fc739854dcc85c9d3dfc81ca4455ef0759
Current timeout is about 20 secs and it should be quite enough, even for
busy/slow machines.

--
CU,
Kamen