samldb and associated patches

Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer mdw at samba.org
Thu Sep 30 00:53:27 MDT 2010

Hi Kamen & Andrew,

Kamen Mazdrashki wrote:
> I think it looks good now.
> I am only little bit concerned about changes in made in
> source4/dsdb/kcc/kcc_deleted.c
> <http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=mdw/samba.git;a=blob;f=source4/dsdb/kcc/kcc_deleted.c;h=1726fa4f318a2f18893c6866ef05274bec7533af;hb=8525a44fabcb118ccd5a527e9b9eadb045894df7>:
> http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=mdw/samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=8525a44fabcb118ccd5a527e9b9eadb045894df7#patch2
> But kcc_deleted is just a basic implementation anyway.
well I really wanted to make it to see all deleted objects.
> Regarding "nTDSConnection" object -> kcc service creates them also.
> You may want to
> peek kcc implementation how it is done.
> I think that "Active Directory Sites and Services Manager" is also
> able to create
> Connection objects, but I am not sure how it does this.
No, I speak from the "nTDSDSA" objects (NTDS Settings). The other ones
you can create with any trouble, but you need the server and nTDSDSA
object already there.

But I think my tests should now be enough to test all interesting scenarios.

So, Kamen & Andrew, if you like my work I hope that it will be merged soon.

Matthias