Samba4: 'make test' is broken

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Sep 28 13:16:01 MDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-09-28 at 22:06 +0300, Kamen Mazdrashki wrote:
> Guys,
>
> It seems the 'make test' for Samba4 has been broken.
> At least that is what my build machine reports for some time now.
> Faulty commit (225 failed tests) is somewhere between following commits:
> Success:
> http://git.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=48adfb264f0a8772ac04fc51af1c39460c011acb
> <http://git.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=48adfb264f0a8772ac04fc51af1c39460c011acb>
> Failed:
> http://git.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=491102c1ce842e14be8074a4abe6676b83efa5eb
>
> <http://git.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=491102c1ce842e14be8074a4abe6676b83efa5eb>Could
> it be some new dependency on a tool I don'a have installed on my machine?

The fix I wrote for this issue has been committed to autobuild, and
should appear in the tree in due course.

The problem was:
commit 43d0c2e9ea71770aa87e74778c20908606cd55f8
    heimdal: avoid DNS search domain expansion

The issue is that it broke the format of IP addresses given to that
function, if wrapped in IPv6 formats.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.