samba4: upgradeprovision --full fails

srikumar 108 srikumar108 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 00:42:22 MDT 2010

Like the subject line says: actually, it has never worked for me since
I have been using samba4. I thought I would give it a try since the
new version was released. This is the output of my effort:

# upgradeprovision --full --debugall

Find a last provision USN, 20 range(s)
rootdn      :DC=test,DC=com
configdn    :CN=Configuration,DC=test,DC=com
schemadn    :CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=test,DC=com
serverdn    :CN=XYZ,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=test,DC=com
netbiosname :XYZ
defaultsite :Inter-Site Transports
dnsdomain   :test.com
hostname    :xyz
domain      :TEST
realm       :TEST.COM
invocationid:XXXX
policyguid  :XXXX
policyguiddc:XXXX
domainsid   :XXXX
domainguid  :XXXX
ntdsguid    :XXXX
domainlevel :2
Creating a reference provision
More than one IPv4 address found. Using x.x.x.x.
Copy privilege
Update base samdb by searching difference with reference one
Starting update of samdb
There are 0 missing objects
Not applying delta to @ATTRIBUTES because there is not only add
Reloading a merged schema, it might trigger reindexing so please be patient
Schema reloaded !
DC=test,DC=com
Attribute: minPwdLength has beencreated/modified/deleted not during a
provision or upgradeprovision: current usn 5121 , do nothing
Attribute: pwdProperties has beencreated/modified/deleted not during a
provision or upgradeprovision: current usn 5119 , do nothing
Exception during upgrade of samdb:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/samba/sbin/upgradeprovision", line 1071, in update_partition
    provisionUSNs, names.invocation)
  File "/usr/local/samba/sbin/upgradeprovision", line 881, in update_present
    if handle_special_case(att, delta, reference, current, usns, basedn, samdb):
  File "/usr/local/samba/sbin/upgradeprovision", line 314, in
handle_special_case
    flag = delta.get(att).flags()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'flags'
Update failed
Rollbacking every changes. Check the reason of the problem
In any case your system as it was before the upgrade

Any help will be appreciated, and thanks for a great product!