Samba 4 testsuite analysis

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Wed Sep 22 23:48:35 MDT 2010

The Samba 4 test suite is taking increasingly long to run - on my
machine it takes almost an hour.

Now that we've got subunit in place I've done some analysis to see what
tests exactly is causing the test suite to take so long, and hopefully
what we can do about it.

The full list of (6000) tests sorted by run time can be found at:

http://samba.org/~jelmer/samba4-test-times.ods

This document was created by running "subunit-ls --times
--no-passthrough" on st/subunit and sorting the resulting data.

Hopefully we can improve the run time of some of the slowest tests
and/or split them up a bit further.

Cheers,

Jelmer