SID allocation from a W2K3 RID master

Cam Thompson camthompson at tundraeng.com
Tue Sep 21 19:27:51 MDT 2010

It worked!

Now I can directly add a user to my S4 secondary DC with
w2k master dc that was upgraded from w2k functional role.
 This server had many years of production history and has
been interesting.  I want to thank the entire Samba dev
team for their help and patience as we have struggled with
getting this problem solved.  Not much longer and we'll
have our domain running entirely on Samba4.

For those who are interested, there is a pretty detailed
wiki page on the samba page:
  http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Camthompson/Migration_Notes_From_win2k_Server_to_Samba4

I will still continue to update the wiki and work the
Samba team as much as I have been, maybe more :)  Just
thought this would be a good opportunity to express my
gratitude for everyone's amazing work.

-Cam Thompson (plaerzen)
System Administrator
Tundra Engineering Associates