samldb and associated patches

Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer mdw at samba.org
Sun Sep 19 14:58:45 MDT 2010

Hi Andrew,

I've reworked the patchset:

    * Patches until 196e1dfcfece636054a224cc5bd2904704671530 should work
      without problems (cosmetics and some enhancements to the SAMLDB
      primary group detection)
    * Patches until aca7270d7fc478385a933c81c3b1cc5d14e8da79 should also
      work (makes the most of the rootDSE attributes dynamic - I had to
      leave "dsServiceName" static for now since otherwise s4 stops working)
    * The patches afterwards fixes the delete operation. I found out
      that beginning with DC functional level >= 2008_R2 we need to make
      use of the SHOW_RECYCLED and not SHOW_DELETED control to find
      always all entries. Since otherwise recycled objects aren't
      handled. These patches try to fix this - would be nice if you
      could take a look if my thoughts are right.

It would be nice if you could start applying at least some parts. But
probably a "make test" is still useful.

Greets,
Matthias