thanks for your binding handle work!

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Fri Sep 17 01:09:58 MDT 2010

Hi Metze,

Andrew and I just wanted to say a big thank you for your recent RPC
binding handle work. We just realised today that we could use it to
allow us to make arbitrary IRPC calls in python. We now have the
DsrUpdateReadOnlyServerDnsRecords() netlogon call working in a python
script like this:

 - python calls a IRPC call to winbind_server irpc server
 - winbind does the credential chaining, and forwards the call to the DC
 - the reply comes back, and winbind sends the reply on to python
 - python gets the response

being able to make IRPC calls from python is _really_ useful. Thanks!

Cheers, Tridge