Samba3's fake GSSAPI and FreeBSD

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Sep 14 23:46:05 MDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 23:08 -0400, simo wrote:
> Sorry, not an option for me.
> Our platform ships with MIT kerberos and that's what we need to use.

I'm a little confused - how would my proposal change things for your
environment?  You would use the system library on such systems.

(Automated testing of Kerberos would of course be dependent on some way
or other to get this to use socket_wrapper).

What about the idea of supplying a kerberos implementation for Samba
4.0, in the absence of a suitably recent/compatible one on the system,
would cause you a problem?

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.