Samba3's fake GSSAPI and FreeBSD

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Sep 12 17:56:35 MDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-09-12 at 09:24 -0400, simo wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-09-12 at 16:08 +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> > > Unfortunately Windows doesn't, and requres the checksum.
> >
> > That's interesting - what I meant is that Windows and Samba4 (Heimdal)
> > accepted the 3.0 behaviour, where we had the normal krb5 checksum type,
> > and no data (because it's not gssapi, so no bindings to sum).  The
> > variations after that I'm less clear on.

> > > Ok, that makes sense. Please apply to v3-6-test as well please.
> >
> > Sure.

> > > Sure, Simo is working on this at the moment.
> >
> > Simo,
> >
> > I would like to work with you on this, if you are able.
>
> If you want to review the work being done in my msrpc branch, feel free
> to send comments. I am going to push it very soon, as most of my test
> scenarios sem to pass.

This looks like a very useful set of changes!  It also looks to me like
you have removed much of the DCE/RPC specific stuff from the
authentication code here, and so we have the hope that we could use the
same code in the SASL and CIFS servers too.

Is the client code here too?  It's not very clear from the commits.

I'm keen to extend this - is there a particular area I could work on
that would help, without getting in your way?

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.