Latest TDB2 design and code...

ronnie sahlberg ronniesahlberg at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 01:06:43 MDT 2010

Snapshots have many more nice properties than just ctdb and ctdb recoveries.

They would allow things like
* rewind to content from previous snapshot
* (if cheap) compute delta between snapshot x and snapshot y
* compute delta between snapshot n and snapshot n-1 to allow backup or
replication of deltas.
* a series of deltas between n and n-1 allow for very compact
representation of a series of point in time backups.
* they provide an internally consistent point in time representations
if the data, which could be used for backup
or traversal purposes. traversing and/or backing the data up online
without locking database.

Cheap snapshots have almost infinite number of use cases.
I think snapshots are useful.

regards
ronnie sahlberg