DNS dynamic updates

Andris Lismanis andris at lismanis.co.uk
Fri Sep 10 02:45:57 MDT 2010

My problem is that the zone file in '/usr/local/samba/private/dns' does not
get updated when a new machine (XP/W2K3/Vista/Win7) joins domain. The only
machine that exists in this file is samba itself. Bind9 does display any
errors either. I have tried the setup on Debian5/Ubuntu10/CentOS5.5 distros
without any luck.

I can guess that I'm going somewhere wrong with initial setup of Bind9.

--
Andris Lismanis
Lismanis Limited

mob: +44 (0) 7875442118