[Patch] myldap-pub.py

Maurizio Marini Gmail marini.maurizio at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 11:19:01 MDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 4:54 PM, Lukasz Zalewski <lukas at dcs.qmul.ac.uk> wrote:

> Its still very experimental, and in continuous development, so no docs, but
> do as questions in samba technical regarding it :)
> Yes in concept it is similar to vampire procedure, but its more of an manual
> (and external) process. Its essentially an utility script. What the scripts
> does is given existing samba3 ldap information (either in the form of an
> ldif obtained through slapcat, or direct ldap connection) it will extract
> all of the requested account information (Users,Computers,Groups) and
> produce a samba4 friendly ldif that then can be imported into s4 using
> ldbadd

2 questions :)

1.
all my samba pdc are done with fedora-ds backend; do you think it is
wortwhile to try to run your utility against an ldif export of
fedora-ds?
or it will fail for sure?

2.
if during provisioning i use:
--domain-sid=SID
where SID is the SID of current domain, and then using your utility i
import users and computers and groups, more or less I could migrate my
samba3 domains trasparently to windows client?

i cc the list, maybe someone other is interested on this issue (all
who manage samba3 pdc, i suppose..)

--
Maurizio