DNS dynamic updates

Maurizio Marini Gmail marini.maurizio at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 03:34:54 MDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Matthieu Patou <mat at samba.org> wrote:
>  Hi Andris,
>
> I put the samba technical list in copy because maybe more than once wants to
> know about it.
>

> On 10/09/2010 11:06, Andris Lismanis wrote:
>>
>> I have tried setting up Samba4 on few servers and has worked really well
>> apart from Dynamic updates. I have re-read the documentation on official
>> Samba4 wiki page but there is no clear instructions on how to configure
>> bind9 so that it works in conjunction with Samba4. Can you please update
>> the documentation on how to set this up, including permissions etc.

IMHO (very honest...;) )
for my experience,
chowning
/usr/local/samba/private/named.conf
to bind (debian) or named (redhat/centos)
and chmodding 777 solves every issue

-rwxrwxrwx  1 bind bind     1321 Aug 31 18:07 named.conf
-rwxrwxrwx  1 bind bind      238 Aug 24 21:33 named.conf.update

this way bind is able to do dnsupdate

but chmod 77 is not a solution, is a way to say: permissions rights does matter

m.