errors with last git

Maurizio Marini Gmail marini.maurizio at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 02:32:44 MDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 11:25 PM, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:

Dear Andrew
first of all thnx for help
I am investigating at he moment:
with lenny 5.0.6 my installation is working well

than i decided to dist-upgrade to squeeze;
after upgrade, samba4 does start and recognize domain, but AD
users&computers on XP client is not able to connect anymore,
recompiling binaries (w/out git pull) is useless

this is the error:
ldb: ldb_tdb: Unable to register control with rootdse!
ldb_wrap open of secrets.ldb
(normal if no LDAP backend) Could not find entry to match filter:
'(&(objectclass=ldapSecret)(cn=SAMDB Credentials))' base: '': No such
object: (null)
ldb: pdc_fsmo_init: we are master: yes

It seems that ldap stuff is lost ;(

here all the output debug level 6
http://debian.pastebin.com/pgMLr1q5

Andrew, honestly, what do u suggest:
it is worthy to invest more time on this upgrade lenny-2-squeeze or is
better install a new debian squeeze by scratch and new samba4 on it?

thnx again for your attention to us  and for appreciating our efforts
to help you to debug samba4 :)