errors with last git

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Sep 8 15:25:30 MDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-08 at 12:40 +0200, Maurizio Marini Gmail wrote:
> i have many issue upgrading to last git

> compiling i got many many errors like this
>
> /root/samba-master/librpc/idl/wmi.idl:34: error: Unable to determine
> origin of type `struct ORPCTHIS'
>
> here the tons of errors:
>
> http://debian.pastebin.com/qFyxAhPL
>

> but at the end i got:
>
> 'build' finished successfully (8m15.714s)
>
> i don't know if it is really "finished successfully"

Yes, it is finished successfully.  Those were just warnings that we as
developers will quiet or deal with eventually.

> as detailed on upgrading-samba4.txt, I did a backup of my samba4
> provision, then i run:
>
> ./scripting/bin/upgradeprovision -s /usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf
> Creating a reference provision
> pdc_fsmo_init: no domain object present: (skip loading of domain details)
>
> naming_fsmo_init: no partitions dn present: (skip loading of naming
> contexts details)
>
> naming_fsmo_init: no partitions dn present: (skip loading of naming
> contexts details)
>
> naming_fsmo_init: no partitions dn present: (skip loading of naming
> contexts details)
>
> Copy privilege
> Update base samdb by searching difference with reference one
> update secrets.ldb
> Update machine account
> Upgrade finished !
> Reopenning samdb to trigger reindexing if needed after modification
> Reindexing finished

I don't see any problems here.

> now what do you suggest: restore saved tar of my previous provisiong
> or start over using vm backup?

Does your new provision work or not?  I'll see about killing off the
pdc_fsmo_init and naming_fsmo_init warnings, they are harmless.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.