errors with last git

Maurizio Marini Gmail marini.maurizio at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 04:40:13 MDT 2010

i have many issue upgrading to last git

this is the starting point:
/usr/local/samba/sbin/samba --version
Version 4.0.0alpha12-GIT-aa830cd

python --version
Python 2.6.6rc1+

cat /etc/debian_version
squeeze/sid

i issued

git pull

to get last release
cd samba-master/source4
 ~/samba-master/source4 # ./autogen.sh
Setting up for waf build
Looking for the buildtools directory
Found buildtools in ./../buildtools
Setting up configure
Setting up Makefile
done. Now run ./configure or ./configure.developer then make.
 ~/samba-master/source4 # ./configure.developer
 ~/samba-master/source4 # make

compiling i got many many errors like this

/root/samba-master/librpc/idl/wmi.idl:34: error: Unable to determine
origin of type `struct ORPCTHIS'

here the tons of errors:

http://debian.pastebin.com/qFyxAhPL

but at the end i got:

'build' finished successfully (8m15.714s)

i don't know if it is really "finished successfully"

as detailed on upgrading-samba4.txt, I did a backup of my samba4
provision, then i run:

./scripting/bin/upgradeprovision -s /usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf
Creating a reference provision
pdc_fsmo_init: no domain object present: (skip loading of domain details)

naming_fsmo_init: no partitions dn present: (skip loading of naming
contexts details)

naming_fsmo_init: no partitions dn present: (skip loading of naming
contexts details)

naming_fsmo_init: no partitions dn present: (skip loading of naming
contexts details)

Copy privilege
Update base samdb by searching difference with reference one
update secrets.ldb
Update machine account
Upgrade finished !
Reopenning samdb to trigger reindexing if needed after modification
Reindexing finished

now what do you suggest: restore saved tar of my previous provisiong
or start over using vm backup?