About GPOs

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Wed Sep 8 00:33:03 MDT 2010

  Matthias, Wilco

The same but with content !

I was wandering in the GPO and in the way we create them.

For some reasons we use to create GPT.INI with a version of 1 for the
Machine part and 7 for the User.
By chance the versionNumber of default domain policy as the same value,
but for instance the default domain controller policy has a version of 2
(0 for machine and 2 for user).

My proposal is to have provision that create GPO of version 0 both in
the sysvol and in the AD.

I propose also to remove this two attributes: gPCUserExtensionNames and
gPCMachineExtensionNames as GPMC will create them if needed.
As we do not really know how to construct them and as we don't need them
absolutely I propose to remove  them.

What's your point of view.

Note: I have some more tests to do check that this changes are ok.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team http://samba.org