samba 4 alpha 12, tdb 1.2.3, tevent 0.9.9, ldb 0.9.13

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Sun Sep 5 14:58:44 MDT 2010

Hi Kamen,

On Sun, 2010-09-05 at 23:43 +0300, Kamen Mazdrashki wrote:
> How soon do you plan to make an alpha?
I hope to finalize the release next weekend.

> I am working on yet another implementation for 'net vampire' code,
> so that people vampiring Win DCs with modified schema to be able
> to do this (a DC win Exchange provisioning for instance).
> I expect this implementation to crawl in master in a week or two
I'd rather not delay the release for anything other than regression
fixes - it renders any testing that we have done earlier moot if we
wait, and there will always be new features that are almost done.

Personally I think we should be doing more regular alphas again (as we
have in the past), that will also make it less important for features to
land. Perhaps we can consider doing another alpha in a month or so?

Cheers,

Jelmer