Samba4 and Printer Setup (I know, no printing)

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 21:28:12 MDT 2010

 I am seeing some various things land in the git tree that seem to be
print related. I am not looking for full printing, as none of my
printers are managed through Windows (they are all ipp/cups).

What I am wondering is if it is possible to setup the printers through
S4. Can I create a printer, have S4/Windows do the driver installation
and configuration and have the port be ipp/cups. If I can, then S4 does
all I need it to do for printing.

If not, I think I can with logon scripts.

Trever
--
"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving
wordy evidence of the fact." -- George Eliot