should I be able to set printers and folder option via group policy?

Aaron Solochek aarons-samba at aberrant.org
Fri Sep 3 15:53:44 MDT 2010

First, thank you to everyone who has helped solved my other problems.
I'm including the thanks here to cut down on list traffic.

On to my question...

I can deploy tcp/ip printers using the group policy editor in

computer config->preferences->control panel settings->printers

and those seem to deploy fine.

But what I really want is to deploy shared printers, which you can only
do via:

user config->preferences->control panel settings->printers

but when I click OK or Apply, I get the error:

Error (0x80070002) occurred saving settings file.

There is no error that I can see in the samba log.

I get the same error trying to save folder options at the same path.
Does this just mean something is missing from my schema?

Thanks.

-Aaron