samba4 keytab management

srikumar108 at aol.com srikumar108 at aol.com
Thu Sep 2 23:19:42 MDT 2010

Hi Mathieu,

Do you have any more suggestion?

I looked at the ssh user through ADUC, and the ssh a/c is not locked or
expired.

I just tried regenerating the keytab with '--pass *' option. If a pass
'*' to ktpass, I can type any password that will reset the ssh a/c
password, right? Or do I have to enter the same password when I created
the ssh a/c?

BTW, I think it would be nice to add a --randpass and a --mapuser
option to ktpass, just like the windows ktpass.exe. This way, we can
avoid having to manually add a serviceprincipalname to the account.

After getting a new keytab and trying to kinit, I am getting the
message:

kinit: KDC has no support for encryption type while getting initial
credentials