messaging_ctdb_init failed: NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND

Fábio Leandro fabio at taichous.com
Thu Sep 2 13:49:14 MDT 2010

Hi everyone

I'm installing the CTDB and facing the following problem:

When you start / etc / init.d / start ctdb
returns error: You must the configuration of the
CTDB_RECOVERY_LOCK

To check the status of samba: smbstatus:
the error message: "connect (/ tmp / ctdb.socket) failed: File or directory
not found.
messaging_ctdb_init failed: NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND
messaging_ctdb failed.

I did the basic setup, with the configuration file ctdb in / etc / sysconfig
/ and specified the file lock recovery in CTDB_RECOVERY_LOCK =
"cluster_storage / shared / .lock"
Then to complete the directory created in / cluster_storage / shared and put
a. Lock inside.
Then I went in smb.conf and created a share called
[Shared]
path = / cluster_storage / shared.

section and enable global support for clustering
clustering = yes

I think I'm doing the right setup.
However does not work, and I tried on several articles on the Samba with
CTDB, and also in winki.ctdb.

Please, I would be grateful if someone can help me. Because the CTDB need
running to make my thesis.

I'm using:
Private network with two systems with two network interfaces each.
Debian Linux Kernel: 2.6.26.22-2-686
Samba: 3.4.8
CTDB installed by the git.

Since already many thanks.