Wed Oct 20 02:45:58 MDT 2010
* Confirmed from MS:
* When the attribute has the Reparse Point bit set then the EASize
* contains the reparse tag info. This behavior is consistent for
* Full, Both, FullId, or BothId query dir calls. It will pack the
* reparse tag into the EaSize value if ATTRIBUTE_REPARSE_POINT is set.
* I verified with local MS Engineers, and they also checking to make
* sure the behavior is covered in MS-FSA.
* EAs and reparse points cannot both be in a file at the same
* time. We return different information for each case.
> cFYI snip (for the curious)
> fs/cifs/readdir.c: CIFS VFS: in cifs_readdir as Xid: 105 with uid: 0
> fs/cifs/readdir.c: Full path: \\mydomain\dfsroot\dfslink start at: 2
> fs/cifs/cifssmb.c: In FindFirst for \\mydomain\dfsroot\dfslink
> fs/cifs/transport.c: For smb_command 50
> fs/cifs/transport.c: Sending smb of length 142
> fs/cifs/connect.c: rfc1002 length 0x27
> fs/cifs/connect.c: invalid transact2 word count
> Status code returned 0xc0000257 NT_STATUS_PATH_NOT_COVERED
> fs/cifs/netmisc.c: !!Mapping smb error code 3 to POSIX err -66 !!
> fs/cifs/cifssmb.c: Error in FindFirst = -66
> fs/cifs/readdir.c: initiate cifs search rc -66
> fs/cifs/readdir.c: CIFS VFS: leaving cifs_readdir (xid = 105) rc = -66
> fs/cifs/file.c: Closedir inode = 0xd3f3acf0
> fs/cifs/file.c: CIFS VFS: in cifs_closedir as Xid: 106 with uid: 0
> fs/cifs/file.c: Freeing private data in close dir
> fs/cifs/file.c: CIFS VFS: leaving cifs_closedir (xid = 106) rc = 0
> Suresh Jayaraman
More information about the samba-technical