Renaming s4 'net' to 'samba-tool'

Kamen Mazdrashki kamenim at samba.org
Wed Oct 27 14:07:08 MDT 2010

Hi Jelmer,

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 22:12, Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at vernstok.nl> wrote:
> Does anybody else have an opinion on this? samba-tool seems reasonable
> to me for the reasons Kai mentions, and it'd be great if we can move
> this forward so we can allow installation of both trees at the same
> time.

It seems nobody can come up with a good name for a tool that does-it-all
and everybody get used to just call it 'net' :)
I think that no matter what we come up with, it will be equally good and bad.
Personally I like 'samba-adm' a little bit more as most of the task the tool
performs and I know of are in admin domain
'samba-tool' is nice too!

In resume, and speaking for myself - whatever the name you come up with,
I will just get used to as the same way as with 'net' and it'll be fine :)

--
CU,
Kamen